I LIKE-O IPEVO

We wanted to kids to make a video. We wanted it to be easy and fast. We wanted the focus to be on chemistry and not on learning a tool. And we wanted the video to include a video of a chemical demonstration. We considered Explain Everything, but it's complicated. Too easy to get bogged down and miss the point of our lesson. Enter the [FREE] iOS IPEVO Whiteboard app.

I use this app a lot for giving notes and doing guided practice. I have described it several times as having just the right number of bells and whistles. I felt like after about 15 minutes of play, I was confident to use it in class. Tap the question mark in the corner and you get a quick tip screen of what every tool will do:



Just want to mirror you iPad and show your class how to do something? It does that beautifully. Want to import a document or image and write on top? It's got you covered. Need to make a screencast of what you did in class for kids who were absent? That's easy. Want to take a picture and write on top of the picture? Yep, you can do all that from inside the app. And here's where we got really excited about our video lesson: You can turn on the camera and start filming a video and then write on top of the video while you film. And it's easy!

This is not a great video, but it shows what it looks like when you watch the video and see the annotating happen in real time. It only lasts a minute, so give it a quick watch and look for my red markings. Can you see what I was trying to show?



Tomorrow my students will use this app in class to make videos about chemical demonstrations they will conduct. I hope to post the best ones to my blog later this week to share their great work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Stop Motion Animation with Parapara

New Year, New Calendar

The Choice is Yours: Differentiating the Math of Chemistry